Has technology helped me achieve a better life/work balance?
I would have to say, yes. Because of technology, I no longer have to worry about;
- Library books not returned
- Long draining hours at the library
- Calling to get the correct time
- Never ending busy signs
- No more unwanted calls from telemarketers
- Or family and friends (caller id)
- Have to use the Thomas guide map. Thank God for GPS.
But, on the flip side, because of technology, I can no longer;
- Ignore phone calls (mobile phones, ugh)
- Use the excuse that the “phone must’ve been off of the hook”
- We can talk to anyone, anywhere, and anytime.
As far as balance goes, I simply have none. I hardly ever answer my phone unless it is my parents or children. Other than that, leave a message or shoot me a text.
Technology has definitely made it easier for research purposes. That is a fact.
In Response To
Has technology helped you achieve better or worse work/life balance?
☆☆Happy Blogging☆☆Drop By Anytime 😉